A law firm who specialise in providing advice to SME companies online are looking for a remote working in house corporate commercial lawyer to join on a full time basis. The In-House Lawyer will play a key role in providing rapid resolution to legal cases for the firm’s clients. You will pick-up cases that need immediate action or where the nature or value of the case merit immediate lawyer involvement.
Experience working with or for SME companies will be very useful for this role.
The core responsibilities of the In-House Lawyer will be:
- Make the initial client call where required
- the focal point for legal matters needing a fast response
- agree the quote with the client and agree milestones
- deliver the expert legal advice associated with the case
- identify any issues and raise on the internal admin areas
- identify the right lawyer for internal referral where the In-House Lawyer is not able to deal with the work themselves
Key Skills & Attitude
- experienced general lawyer with 4+ years post qualification experience
- skilled at and enthusiastic about engagement with the SME community
- able to make commercial connection between business development and legal needs
- team player, engaging and directing other departments
- authentic approach, gaining trust with customers and other stakeholders
- A spread of expertise and experience including corporate commercial (required). Ability to handle or at least triage IP disputes, employment and/or commercial property work would be an advantage.
Salary levels and package negotiable. Good career prospects in a growing company.