A small commercial practice based in Brighton (about 2km from the city centre) are looking for a commercial and residential litigation locum to join them from 12/11/2021 for a period of at least 4 months. While some remote working may be possible, you will also need to attend the firm’s offices, so you should be within commuting distance of Brighton.
The role will involve:
1. Identify parties to a claim and the issues involved
2. Identify potential conflict searches
3. Defining, explaining, and applying the law
4. Ability to run own caseload (with supervision)?
5. Be able to independently research legal points and law (e.g. PLC)
6. A good understanding of residential and commercial landlord and tenant law
7. A good understanding of real estate law
8. Understanding of the CPR
9. Good diary keeping skills, management of deadlines and business acumen (billing, time recording, providing estimates to clients)
10. Thorough understanding litigation procedures (e.g. Form H Budgets, Statements of Costs, drafting of Witness Statements)
11. Independent research, CPD, know how
12. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications